JobSpot's 5 Step Process: Get the Most Out of Your Posting
Create an informative, visually appealing company profile.
- Showcase your company logo
- Include your company website
- Share a short but succinct overview of your company. This is the 1st glimpse a candidate will see of your business – so make it a good one. Include “who you are” and “what you do”.
- Include any social media sites you are active with so candidates can learn more about your company and potentially engage with your organization.
- Include a video. Candidates love videos.
Create an eye catching, professional looking job posting.
- Use a job title that is attractive and meaningful to the job seeker. Think like a job seeker that is not familiar with your company.
- This may be different than the technical position title within your organization.
- Job title should be short and eye catching to the job seeker. Use short paragraphs or bullet points to detail the position
- Keep concise and to the point. Highlight key job responsibilities.
- Complete the job description and the job requirements portion. Be detailed—it helps the job seeker get a clear idea of the position requirements.
- Use keywords that help highlight the position in job searches.
- Be specific and clear on how candidates should apply to this position.
- If you do not have an online application process to direct them to, be sure to include the application directions in the actual body of the job posting.
- Lengthy job descriptions will not get read.
- Once the applicant clicks the “apply now” button, they will be redirected to your company website to the specific company page you designate.
Search the job seeker database for potential job applicants - don’t wait for them to apply!
- Currently we have over 2400 registered job seekers on JobSpot.
- JobSpot gains over 20 new job seekers each week.
- New job seekers continue to create a profile every day so search regularly to capture all potential applicants.
- With an active posting on the site, you can search all of these candidates through keyword, location, category, occupations, or employment type features.
- Take the time to seek out potential applicants. You can’t wait for them to come to you! With the unemployment where it is today, you need to be the proactive one!
- We see job seekers at all level of experience from entry level to high level executive.
- Reach out directly to candidates you find through your search.
- Use keywords/skills of job in your search.
- Create saved searches to receive emails with candidates that match your criteria.
- Create a resume alert that will notify you should a resume match your criteria.
- You can contact potential applicants through private messages or simply contact them through phone or email directly.
Explore and utilize the vast employer resources on JobSpot to assist you in your recruitment/networking needs.
- Find these resources by clicking the Resources link on the home page toolbar.
- Want the help of additional resources in your candidate search? Click here: http://resources.greaterstcloudjobspot.com/
- Our Resources section offers you information in the areas of:
- Recruiting and Retention
- Hiring a Diverse Workforce
- Connecting with Colleges
- Understanding the Millennial
- Career Profile tool
- Diversity Resources
- Workplace Well-Being
Share your success stories of JobSpot for free company recognition on JobSpot!
- Share your success stories directly to firstname.lastname@example.org